Application deadline is September 25, 2017
Before You Seek Support And Investment, Put Your Idea To The Test
The F³ Tech Pre-Accelerator is Maryland’s first program focused on viewing the State’s traditional industries of agriculture and seafood through the lens of innovation and technology. Through the coordinated networking of serial entrepreneurs, mentors, coaches, industry and subject matter experts, along with investors, F³ Tech aims to position Maryland as a leader in the sectors of agritech, aquatech, and envirotech.
The F³ Tech Pre-Accelerator program is specially-designed Proof-of-Concept process for startups and entrepreneurs looking to develop an idea or product towards commercialization. This is the program for very early-stage startups to fully validate an idea for a new product or service, acquire valuable feedback from industry experts and serial entrepreneurs, and position itself to take advantage of a more aggressive, traditional multi-month accelerator program.
During the Pre-Accelerator program you will be exposed to:
- Assessing your idea
- Validating the market
- Evaluating customer acquisition
- How to pitch and sales
- Business model preparation
- Handling intellectual property
- Branding and marketing tactics
- Finances and raising capital
The six-week Pre-Accelerator program is completely virtual. Entrepreneurs and startups throughout Maryland may participate in the weekly online sessions. Each week there are two one-hour interactive webinar sessions as well as a one-hour mentoring session with a designated mentor/coach. Each session requires participating entrepreneurs and startup teams to work between sessions and to submit the product of that effort for evaluation and critique.
2017 SCHEDULE and AGENDA
Schedule is based upon the successful SproutX Accelerator in Australia
- Entrepreneurs and startup teams must apply and be selected to participate. Participation is free.
- Selection will be made by the program organizers based upon the most innovative applications and ideas.
- No equity is taken in your company or idea.
- Participating entrepreneurs and teams are provided complimentary membership during the period of the program at incubators and coworking spaces participating in the F³ Tech Pre-Accelerator program.
- Though individual entrepreneurs are welcome to participate, we encourage teams of 2 to 4 founders.
- Importance is placed on how solid the startup team members work together and their ability to be coached and take feedback.
- Your idea or product/service should be innovative and address a market need within the industry sectors of agritech, aquatech, and envirotech.
- Your company should still be in the idea-phase and development of your value proposition.
- Your company should still be pre-revenue.
- Having some form of or the potential for intellectual property is a plus but not a requirement.
- The program runs for six-weeks. There are two one-hour online sessions and one mentoring session per week.
- Weekly deliverables are expected, mentorship sessions are required, and commitment is absolutely mandatory!
- The desired outcome from participation is for entrepreneurs and teams to have a validated startup with a strong pitch deck consisting of a viable product proposition, refined marketing plan and practical development roadmap.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is the background of the program?
The 6-week program is designed for entrepreneurs and startups primarily originating from throughout rural Maryland that want to commercialize an idea or product/service in the marketplace.
Are there any fees for this program?
No, there are not fees to participate in the program.
Who are the mentors and coaches?
The mentors and coaches are drawn from throughout the Maryland, Delaware, and Virginia region. They are serial entrepreneurs, subject matter experts, and investors from within the industry sectors of agriculture, seafood, and environment. Speakers, mentors, and coaches are now being recruited and confirmed, so the full list is not yet available.
When is the application deadline?
The deadline to apply is September 25, 2017
What is the timeline of this program?
Applications are open until September 25, 2017. The program itself runs from October 3, 2017 to November 8, 2017.
Who qualifies for this program?
Applications are now open to entrepreneurs and startup teams in the early-seed stage from throughout Maryland active within the industry sectors of agritech, aquatech, and envirotech. The primary target audience is from rural Maryland and underserved populations. Funding is not provided, so companies must be able to procure outside funds.
How does full-time and part-time participation work?
The program is open to entrepreneurs and startups working both full- and part-time on their idea or product/service. Full-time participants have access to a participating incubator or coworking space 7 days a week and for the duration of the program to interact with the their respective startup ecosystem around the clock. Part-time participation is designed for entrepreneurs and teams that will spend only evenings working on their efforts.
Do I need to take time off from work to attend this program?
The program is designed for those already working full-time. All interactive online and mentoring sessions occur in the evening.
How do I know if I/we are qualified to apply?
The program is designed for entrepreneurs and startup teams at the idea or early-seed stage. having a working product/service and team members is recommended, but not required.
How many members can join in a team?
Teams of up to four members may apply. Individual entrepreneurs are also eligible.
Who evaluates the applications?
The applications will be reviewed by a team from the program organizers.